Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
SINC 2012: Staten Island not-for-profit Conference
Friday, March 16, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM (EDT)
Staten Island, NY
The second annual Staten Island Not-for-Profit Conference hosted by the Staten Island NFP Association and the Council on the Arts and Humanities for Staten Island will take place on
Friday, March 16th, 2012 at Wagner College's Spiro Center.
This year's event will once again feature two keynote / panel presentations, six breakout sessions, one-on-one mentoring, and the best chance that the Borough's not-for-profits leaders have each year to spend time with their colleagues from around the sector.
Our morning keynote speakers will be Tim Delaney, President of the National Council on Nonprofits, Doug Sauer of the New York Council on Nonprofits, and Caroline Woolard from Ourgoods.org, who will also lead a breakout session regarding innovative ways in which not-for-profits can share resources. We will also be joined in the afternoon by the Director of the Fund for the City of New York.
The breakout sessions offered at the Conference will include:
- Legal issues for not-for-profits, led by the general counsel of one of the City's largest not-for-profit cultural institutions;
- Update on the Lois and Richard Nicotra Foundation with Kristine Garlisi;
- The tactical skills of fundraising - how to reach and interact with funders, led by the Whelan Group;
- Advanced social media for not-for-profits - how your organization can create an app of its own;
- Effective and unique methods of sharing resources with others in the not-for-profit sector;
- Review of the new Governor's and Attorney General's regulations regarding not-for-profits in New York State.
Continental breakfast and lunch are included in the ticket price. Pre-registration is required - no tickets will be sold the day of the event.